Monday, August 6, 2007

Day 16 6/18/07

10:30
Serpentine Galleries

This morning we went to the Serpentine Galleries in Hyde Park and saw an exhibition about the 7 days of creation. I didnt really understand much of it but there were some really cool looking projection art in this small show.

11:00 Cafe with Bill

12:00 Royal College of Art Masters show

The Royal College of Art show was really amazing today. It was by far the largets student art show I have ever attended and also exhibited the most variety in terms of concentrations. I saw everything from simple ceramics to automotive industrial design. I was particularly impressed with a lot of the furniture design such as some chairs designed by one graduate, which were designed to be stacked into shelves. These chairs/shelves were very practical yet at the same time took on very interesting and pleasing forms when stacked. The show was a bit overwhelming in size and caliber, but so inspiring. A lot of the artists seemed very set in their style and to really of found their niche in the art/design world. I look forward to the day where I have my own style and unique strengths, which others hopefully admire.

No comments: