Monday, August 20, 2007

Day 35 7/7/07

Today is the anniversary of the London tube bombings last year. Today is also the prologue of the tour de France London depart. I decided not to live in fear and take the tube this morning to Hyde Park to see the French market and a festival celebrating the tour. The French market was very cute and reminder of borough market. I ate burnt sugar then headed back to Trafalgar Square to watch the opening parade at 1:00 pm. At 3:00 pm I headed over to Portabello with Anthony to pick up some last minute gifts, then went back to Hyde Park to see the end of the individual time trials. It was pretty exciting, I really wish my dad was there with me to experience it because he would have really enjoyed it. So I bought him a shirt (that will have to do.)

No comments: